In youtrip along the west coast of the United States, on the route from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon of the Colorado, you can approach the Sedona Valley, which is located 48 kilometers south of Flagstaff, one of the most popular vacation areas in Arizona.
From the Sedona city You have the opportunity to visit a typical and historic mining town, whose main street will make you feel that you are living a western movie. Is about Jerome, a town that is 47 kilometers south of Sedona.
Jerome You can see it on the side of a mountain from afar, as you approach the road. In its origins, in 1876, it was a mining field full of shops, but several fires caused that finally, in 1899, a small city will rise.
The life of Jerome was linked to the exploitation of a copper mine, and in the 20s it became, by its population, the fifth city of Arizona, with more than 15,000 inhabitants. Finally, in 1953, the copper mine was closed, and quickly Jerome he earned the reputation of being a ghost city, Well, there were barely less than a hundred inhabitants left.
Nowadays, Jerome It has a population of 450 people, and has become a artist community, as artisans, musicians and writers.
Jerome Bar, in the Sedona Valley, Arizona
In youvisit to Jerome You will see some of the buildings that were built when the city was built, which have been restored. One of the most striking, without a doubt, is the old jail.
In Jerome you will find bars that confer the typical western atmosphere, and gift shops with handmade products. In short, a typical western town.
- Poster in Jerome, in the Sedona Valley, Arizona
- Jerome Bar, in the Sedona Valley, Arizona
- Jerome Store, in the Sedona Valley, Arizona
- Hotel in Jerome, in the Sedona Valley, Arizona
- Ruins of historic hotel in Jerome in the Sedona Valley, Arizona
- Bar in Jerome, in the Sedona Valley, Arizona
- Biker environment in Jerome, in the Sedona Valley, Arizona
- Typical handicraft in Jerome store, Sedona Valley, Arizona
- Shop in Jerome, in the Sedona Valley, Arizona